Re: Windows CE

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Paul Jarosz'" <paul_jarosz(at)moduletech(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows CE
Date: 2001-10-30 20:52:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc

No, this is not possible. I've researched this a bit and written CE code for
Informix & PostgreSQL applications and basically the trick is to use M$
Activesync to synchronise between Pocket Access .cdb files and the ODBC
datasource on your PC.

In both of my apps, I actually found it was much easier to build the
databases in an Access .mdb file on the PC (using whatever queries are
required to get the data from the real server, and code to munge it into a
suitable format). I then transfer the .mdbs to and from the device.

I have apps working this way to allow building surveyors download their
workload, visit buildings and then upload the results (from/to an Informix
system), and for Scheme Managers (kind of social workers) to download case
files and log visits to people on a PostgreSQL system.

Regards, Dave.