Re: Restore problem

From: "Bob Pawley" <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Leif Biberg Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore problem
Date: 2010-12-29 18:52:50
Lists: pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:08 AM
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Leif Biberg Kristensen
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Restore problem

On Wednesday 29 December 2010 4:34:39 am Leif Biberg Kristensen wrote:
> On Wednesday 29. December 2010 13.18.40 Alban Hertroys wrote:
> > Learning Vim is probably time well-spent, but until you do it's
>
> probably not that good a tool for fixing your problem.
>
> > Although Vim is indeed a very powerful editor, it's not particularly
>
> easy to use. Unlike your usual editors like Notepad and friends, it's a
> command-based editor, meaning you have to execute a command before you
> can input or change data. It's an entirely different paradigm than what
> you're probably used to (I may assume wrongly here).
>
> Back when I used Windows, my favorite editor was EditPlus
> (http://www.editplus.com/). It isn't free, but well worth the 35 bucks.
>
> As a rather casual coder, I'm very satisfied with the simple editor
> Kwrite in KDE. It's a sheer delight compared to Notepad.
>
> regards, Leif

Another choice is Jedit(http://jedit.org/). It is written in Java so you
will
need that installed. It has a graphical interface so the learning curve is
short.

JEdit shows that numerous ends of line are missing.

I suppose manual recover is the only possibility??

Other than PostgreSQL version 8.3, the only other change from previous dumps
(Win XP) is my Windows 7 edition.

I know I have been having problems with firewall permissions in Win 7 during
install and uninstall of PostgreSQL.

Bob

--
Adrian Klaver