Date / Time Data Type

From: "Van Ingen, Lane" <lvaningen(at)ESNCC(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Date / Time Data Type
Date: 2005-01-31 18:36:31
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am converting from another database, where the line below was defined as a 'datetime'
datatype. Am trying to convert that data, and it is telling me that my default date is out of
range, and that I perhaps need to do a datestyle setting.

After looking at the docs, and even CAST, I still have not been able to figure out how to
set this up, other than just defining it as aa char(19) field.. Does anyone have any suggestions?

CREATE TABLE adns_neighbor_history (
 ifID mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
 updatedTime timestamp NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  <------   rejected
 remoteNet char(15) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY  (ifID,updatedTime)

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Tomas Eroles i FornerDate: 2005-01-31 18:45:00