Re: Win32 question: getppid() with no paren

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: PgSql-Win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 question: getppid() with no paren
Date: 2004-05-30 02:17:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Tom Lane wrote:
> Great. Could I get someone to implement this now? The function that
> needs it is PostmasterIsAlive() in src/backend/storage/ipc/pmsignal.c.
> You can check whether it works by noting whether the stats processes
> shut down when the postmaster goes away ...

Here you go. If there is a better place to put the PostmasterHandle, please
do so by all means. Also, could enable it for EXEC_BACKEND, instead of for
WIN32, which would obviate the WIN32 #ifdefs in read/write_backend_variables
(ie. so that EXEC_BACKEND would also read/write this variable out, but to no
effect in non-WIN32 EXEC_BACKENDs).

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

Attachment Content-Type Size
diff.patch application/octet-stream 2.5 KB