Re: shutdown problems on win32

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>,'Barry Lind' <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: shutdown problems on win32
Date: 2004-03-17 06:17:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
[note to self: regardless of eagerness level, engage brain, check
assumptions, THEN post :-)]

> > Here is what I have noticed that is strange:  when the
[snip]
> > postmaster and four postgres processes.  Whereas on linux I
> > only see 4  (1 + 3).  Then when I exit psql only one of the two extra
> > processes goes away.
>
> That is strange. I've got it too. Looks like the extra process is the
> BackgroundWriter, and it is looping forever in
> BufferBackgroundWriter. I'll look into it.

Yep. It is sitting there, looping forever, doing exactly what it is supposed
to do afaics.

When you said "on linux", that wouldn't be a previous version of postgres
would it?

> > linux.  Is this expected behavior?  Could this be contributing to my
> > shutdown problems?
>
> No, on both counts.

Make that Yes for the first, No for the second.

Crawling back to my hole in great embarrassment,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-03-17 06:20:47