Re: win32 open patch for held unlink

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Magnus Hagander' <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>,Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: win32 open patch for held unlink
Date: 2004-03-16 10:33:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> Yes on ACCESS_DENIED. No on PATH_NOT_FOUND - different thing IMHO :)
>
> My man page on Linux seems to suggest ENOENT is correct for
> PATH_NOT_FOUND ("..Or, a directory component in pathname does not
> exist..").

Doh. [serves me right for glancing at the open man page instead of reading
it]

> Don't really know a good default there.. Perhaps something catch-all
> like EINVAL (sort of like the common "The parameter is incorrect" on
> win32.)
>
> Full enumeration of all error codes on win32? That could be put in a

"Full" was a poor choice of word. Only the ones we'd reasonably expect from
CreateFile, obviously (the other X-thousand someone else can do if they feel
up to it :-)

Not sure if EINVAL can ever actually be returned by open(), but I'm happy
either way [the way I see it, both "Error: Invalid argument" or "Error: The
operation completed successfully" both point to a missing case]

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: D.J. HeapDate: 2004-03-16 14:37:05