Re: fsync with sync, and Win32 unlink

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Bruce Momjian' <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Win32 port list <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>,'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: fsync with sync, and Win32 unlink
Date: 2004-03-12 07:38:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> I have talked to Tom today and he is willing to implement the discussed
> method of doing fsync on every file modified between checkpoints,

Great news.

> and add unlink handling for open files for Win32.

Tom, can you hold off on "unlink handling" part of the implementation, at
least for a few days? I'm testing a patch right now to work around this very
issue (involves, under win32, replacing _open() with CreateFile, which
accepts parameters to allow deletion of the held file. Initial testing looks
good, but it'll need community review).

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-03-12 08:04:00