"Pure" object oriented interface

From: "Renji Panicker" <renjipanicker(at)no(dot)spam(dot)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "Pure" object oriented interface
Date: 2001-11-02 12:34:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I understand is an object oriented database. Does Postgres provide an
interface to access the data as objects?

I came across the definition of "OID", which, I gather, uniquely identifies
each instance(row) in a class(table). Is there anyway I manipulate the
underlying using the oid's, and bypassing SQL totally?

I further also understood from the docs that it is possible to do this using
SQL, but is there a better solution?

This should help me implement complex operations on the database, such as
for each instance 'i' in class 'EmployeeList'
    do something very complex with object 'i'
    store changes back.

I would appreciate any suggestions from anyone who thinks what I am asking
makes sense in the first place ;)

Renji Panicker.

pgsql-interfaces by date