LIBPQ on Windows and large Queries

From: "Steve Howe" <howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LIBPQ on Windows and large Queries
Date: 2001-07-26 04:24:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello all,

Is anybody trying to solve the 8191 bytes query limit from libpq
windows port ???
We've discussed this topic on "Large queries - again" thread and it
seems like nobody got interested on fixing it.
All Windows applications that rely on libpq are broken because of
this issue (ODBC applications are fine btw).
I can also do any kind of testing under Windows (and actually I'll
do it anyway). I wonder if this limitation also applies to the unix libpq
library ???
Jan, Tom, Bruce - any news on this ?

Best Regards,
Steve Howe