Re: Feedback on auto-pruning approach

From: "Mark Liberman" <mliberman(at)mixedsignals(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feedback on auto-pruning approach
Date: 2006-03-28 02:32:42
Lists: pgsql-admin
So, I have finally complete this auto-pruning solution.  It has proven effective in keeping the size of the db under whichever threshold I set in an unattended fashion.

I have one final question.  If my goal is to maximize the amount of historical data that we can keep - e.g. set the db size limit to be as large as possible - how much disk space should I reserve for standard Postgres operations - e.g. sort space, WAL, etc..  I'm sure this depends a bit on our configuration, etc.. but if someone can point me in the direction as to what factors I should consider, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: lmyhoDate: 2006-03-28 07:08:07