Re: Need help from someone experienced with podcasts

From: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need help from someone experienced with podcasts
Date: 2009-09-15 18:13:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Sep 15, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'm planning to continue my "PostgreSQL Developer Podcast" series.
> For
> that, I'd like to get the podcast RSS'd and listed with iTunes, but
> I'm
> starting from scratch in how to do that.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this?  Help?

Once you have the MP3 file for the podcast, it's usually no big deal.
If you include it as a link to a blog entry (just put the <a href...>
in the entry, pointing at the MP3 file), nearly every podcast-playing
program out there will pick it up correctly when pointed at the RSS
link for the blog.  Once you've got that going, the iTunes submission
details are at:

	http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/creatorfaq.html

Hope this helps!

--