Re: [INTERFACES] Odbc on Linux

From: robert_hiltibidal_at_cms08405(at)ccmailgw(dot)state(dot)il(dot)us
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, <hardiman(at)hardiman(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Odbc on Linux
Date: 1999-08-17 15:50:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
     Morning,

     We currently use Postgres 6.5.1 on a slackware linux 2.2.6 PII300
     machine, 128mg ram 130mg swap.

     The client machines are a mix of win95B and winnt 4.0 SP 3 machines.
     All are at least pentium 166's with at least 32 mg ram.

     The odbc driver we use is the latest from ftp.postgresql.org released
     May 19th I think.

     We have some problems with Access97. We do a lot of DAO programming in
     Access and the recordsets don't really work all that well using the
     postgres server. However, just simple export and import works fine, in
     either dao or drag & drop modes. What we typically do is run all the
     dao code on the mdb files and then when we're ready to migrate it to
     the web we do a simple export thru dao code.

     Ideally I'd like to see Postgres work transparently with Access. I'd
     like to do dao code and not woory if the recorsets are going to work
     like they should. However, being the microsux realist I am that's
     gonna be difficult if not impossible.

     -Rob