Re: Application/wiki wanted for Beta/Alpha testing

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Application/wiki wanted for Beta/Alpha testing
Date: 2009-09-09 18:12:02
Lists: pgsql-www
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 18:52, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 18:00 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> If it's needed urgently, standalone but designed to integrate (yes,
>> you mention the keyword above - make it a django app).
>>
>> If it can wait a while, integrated.
>>
>> I'm working on some infrastructure changes around that one ATM, and if
>> those turn out to be what we want, we shouldn't invest more in the
>> current framework. I expect to have something ready for testing fairly
>> soon, but any full migration there is obviously not going to be
>> instant.
>
> Well at a minimum I would want to use the same auth modules etc... that
> you are using for planet.

If it's django, that can be done.

There are also modules available in PHP (the wiki) and perl
(commitfest), so that in itself doesn't lock you into that.

But we certainly don't want yet another framework, so if it's done in
PHP it shoul duse the current web framework and if it's in perl it
should use whatever the commitfest stuff uses. In fact, it could
potentially be built as part of the commitfest system if wanted -
there's at least a partial connection between those two :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/