Re: Mac OS 10.3 Panther make questions

From: Shane Wright <me(at)shanewright(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Kevin Barnard <kbarnard_lists(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mac OS 10.3 Panther make questions
Date: 2004-02-18 22:19:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

There nay be something I'm missing about why you're compiling from
source, but I'm having a great time with the binary package from
here...

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/

It's 7.4, not 7.4.1 so I guess that may be why - but all the
complicated bits are done and it works well! No dependencies on fink
or anything else (yeah i know, it includes a copy of everything,
wasteful but lets me get my job done...)

On 17 Feb 2004, at 00:05, Kevin Barnard wrote:

> I am trying to get PostgreSQL 7.4.1 to make with Mac OS 10.3 I run
> configure which complains about readline. I'm not sure how Apple
> compiled bash which is the new default shell but I can't find the
> library or headers either. I have installed Xcode and found a few
> notes online about postgres 7.3.4 and OS 10.2 which talk about making
> readline and using the /sw directory which does not exist on system.
> Does anybody know what I am missing?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help
> Kevin Barnard
>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> your
> joining column's datatypes do not match

Shane Wright
Technical Manager
eDigitalResearch.com
2 Berrywood Business Village
Hedge End
Hampshire
SO30 2UN
T +44 (0) 1489 772920
F +44 (0) 1489 772922

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only.  The
contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee.
Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should
please advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission.

Any attachment(s) to this message has been checked for viruses, but
please rely on your own virus checker and procedures.