Re: Stupid question: concatenating strings

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Good <tomg(at)q8(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
Cc: justinlong(at)strategicnetwork(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stupid question: concatenating strings
Date: 2000-10-19 17:22:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thomas Good <tomg(at)q8(dot)nrnet(dot)org> writes:
> Yet, I can't get command hx to work for 7.0.2 psql (on slackware 3.6).
> Am I not seeing something obvious here?

If you compile it yourself, you need to be sure that libhistory's
include files are visible as well as its library .a or .so file.
Else configure will decide it can't build with history support.
(Some digging in the config.status file should tell you whether this
happened or not.) If you install libhistory from RPMs, make sure
you have its devel RPM as well as its runtime RPM.