Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5
Date: 2000-07-26 04:13:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>> If Tom L. wants to beat on this I can give him an account on the
>> machine.  I've used up the time I have to devote to it.  I'm pretty
>> much stuck with 6.4.0 on Solaris 2.5 for real work.

> Well, 7.0.x *will* run on Solaris, but afaik it should do fine on your
> NetBSD box too. Try the above fixups and let me know if you need more.

I don't claim to be either a Solaris or NetBSD guru --- I run HPUX
myself and have access to bog-standard Sun BSD systems.  But if you
want some help I'll see what I can do.

The details of the regress differences would help, to start with...

			regards, tom lane

PS: Lockhart might be more nearly on-site for you, though.  JPL is
a long way from Pittsburgh.