Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: EDB taking over? Another heart attack.
Date: 2009-07-09 19:40:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Bruce Momjian<bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Anyway, that "formal support" paragraph needs to be modified.  If it
>> relates to formal _installer_ support, it needs clarification.  If it is
>> for general support, it should be removed, and I would like to know how
>> it got in there in the first place.
>
> Ah, I see Dave has changed it today in Git:
>
>        http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=edb-installers.git;a=commitdiff;h=2d67e6d968850db9ccc16e2d09edfb780a6f378d;hp=e10f263c64d7e2cbf4e017760926421460d98cc9

Oops - I thought I mailed the list, not you alone.

> I am still curious how it got in there in the first place, i.e. who
> at EDB thought that was acceptable, and if you don't want to give names,
> someone better tell them to avoid such mistakes in the future.

I wrote it, under the assumption that no other companies would want to
support our installers (*not* PG support - that's covered in the next
paragraph). As far as I know, noone else at EDB has bothered to read
it. It was one of those Friday afternoon things that got rattled off
in five minutes when I realised we had nowhere to note licence details
or where to get help etc.

As I said - patches are welcome.

--
Dave Page