Re: ready for another one, i guess

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ready for another one, i guess
Date: 2008-11-13 08:50:57
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I think that one probably needs review from -core.

-core's role is not quite what you think. We essentially do project
management. The review I think you're suggesting is from a committer
(this is a little overlap between those groups of course).

> It's been
> extensively discussed on -hackers several times already, and is on
> version 19, so I doubt there are obvious bugs remaining.

It's been discussed, but I don't think anyone has done any actual code
review though.

> Arguably it could use additional performance testing, though I think
> Greg has done quite a bit already, but I'm not in a good position to
> undertake that either for a patch of this type.

I share an office with him, so I can say that yes, he has done a good
amount of testing (in fact, I don't think people realise just how much
R&D went into this patch)!

I'd appreciate a code review of it, but if you really don't want to do
that, please see if you can help Jeff out with the GIN patches.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page