Re: pgScript patch based on pgScript-1.0-beta-3

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Mickael Deloison" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgScript patch based on pgScript-1.0-beta-3
Date: 2008-08-14 07:24:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Mickael Deloison <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a new patch for pgAdmin that includes pgScript. Maybe the
> crashes Dave and Guillaume got were caused by a simultaneous access to
> the output stream, which is now solved.
>
> This patch is based on r7403:
>  * r7403-dif-pgs1.0b3.zip for the source code patch
>  * r7403-bin-pgs1.0b3.zip for the Windows binary
> Everything is here: http://pgscript.projects.postgresql.org/pgadmin/

OK - I'll try to test this week but I'm pretty busy right now.

> Please let me know your choice about how to integrate pgScript into
> pgAdmin (DLL, ...)?

Well a lot of the argument around separating it was based on the idea
that you would continue to work on it without being bound by the
pgAdmin release cycle. I think that makes you one of major the
decision makers - so what do you think we should do?

FWIW, I don't have any major objection to any of the integration
methods, though having it as a completely separate executable is
probably my least favourite option.

--
Dave Page