Re: Comments on a separate tab?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comments on a separate tab?
Date: 2008-06-16 07:54:13
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

>> I'm sure I'll complain quickly enough :-p
> I hope so :)

Hmm, here we go then (having tried the patch) :-(

- On a purely personal level, I'm not sure I like it. I think the
dialogues in general were much more aesthetically pleasing with the
comments at the bottom of the main section of the dialogues.

- On the table and function dialogues, we have an issue because the
number of tabs is so wide that they extend off the page on OS X (which
doesn't seem to have a nice way to scroll tab like Windows/GTK). That
was becoming an issue anyway, but this patch makes it worse.

- You missed some dialogues, eg. dlgTablespace. I think you already
spotted that though :-p

- Property dialogues should all be the same size (the accepted
exceptions being dlgTable which is bigger through necessity, and
dlgFunction/dlgTrigger/dlgPackage which are resizable to accomodate
editing of code). See*checkout*/branches/REL-1_2_0_PATCHES/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/prop_page_design.html
(which needs to be resurrected).

I wonder if effort in this area would be better expended on starting
the table dialogue redesign, as that should be the only one that
causes problems on your laptop screen.

Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: