Re: could not bind IPv4 socket

From: "Balaji Kasthurirangan" <kasthurirangan(dot)balaji(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could not bind IPv4 socket
Date: 2008-05-02 04:23:27
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

Excellent. My system network configuration has some problem. Thanks for your
response.
The issue is now solved and the steps taken
1)uncommented ip and port from the postgresql conf file in the data
directory and gave
valid values of 127.0.0.1 and 5432(default)

2)did run ifconfig lo0 localhost.(setting loopback)

Though the network problem still persists(for which i shall take assistance
from freebsd group), the postgresql server started and i was able to create
database and connect to the server using psql.

Thanks once again for your response.

Thanks,
Balaji.