Re: Need suggestions

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <plk(dot)zuber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jack W <dbdevelop2000(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need suggestions
Date: 2009-06-26 14:55:00
Lists: pgsql-general
2009/6/25 Jack W <dbdevelop2000(at)gmail(dot)com>

> Maybe for maintainence purpose or schema change. For example as you
> mentioned above, if using several tablespaces located on different hard
> drives. If one hard drive is damaged, the database on that hard drive will
> not be available. How about other databases managed by the same database
> server instance?

interesting questions...

If I were you, I would just verify this by creating separate partition,
putting a tablespace there, creating a database in this tablespace,
pgbench'ing this database continuosly, and running
umount --force on the partition.

> I need to shut down all the databases to do mainatainence, right?

depends on the kind of maintenance.

--
Filip Rembiałkowski
JID,mailto:filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com