Re: Server not listening

From: George Heller <george(dot)heller(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Joris Dobbelsteen <Joris(at)familiedobbelsteen(dot)nl>, andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server not listening
Date: 2007-04-30 23:43:10
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi,

  Ok, I have reached to the point where the SSH tunelling works, and I am able to connect using it to PgAdmin. But I still want to know what exactly is wrong with the other setup.

  I just came across this in the postgres documentation, about starting the postmaster with an -i option, if you want your server to accept TCP/IP connections.
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/postmaster-start.html

  I just used the -D option as specified, to start the server. Is it necessary to use the -i option so that my server can listen, or is the documentation just too old? If yes, what is the syntax for the same?

  Thanks.
  George.

Joris Dobbelsteen <Joris(at)familiedobbelsteen(dot)nl> wrote:
> [...]

Hopefully you took no offence while I took this a sharp turn.

I agree that this would be probably a good idea to get it working.
Alternatively it might seem easier to have a temporary set up on the
local computer, if feasable.

[snip]

- Joris Dobbelsteen

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.