Update actions (with user name) inside PostgreSQL DB - any version on postgreSQL

From: Khangelani Gama <kgama(at)argility(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Update actions (with user name) inside PostgreSQL DB - any version on postgreSQL
Date: 2012-03-14 10:44:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi

Is it possible to have an update query that will specify actions,
timestamp, user who’s making the update inside the database. Can this be
done without any script but just in the transaction block

Example:

dbtest=# UPDATE table test set t4 = 9 where t1 = 001 then specify
user_name,  timestamp() ;

Thanks in advance

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

*C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y   N O T I C E*
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the
addressee only, and may contain the confidential information of Argility
(Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or
dissemination thereof by anyone other than the intended addressee is
prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer
immediately and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its
subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability for
unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than
strictly for business purposes.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by anyone other than the intended addressee is prohibited.
If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Robin IddonDate: 2012-03-14 10:54:15
Previous:From: MirrorXDate: 2012-03-12 23:26:44
Subject: Re: archive_command and streaming replication