Re: Orphan TOAST object

From: "James Farrugia" <james(dot)farrugia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Orphan TOAST object
Date: 2008-05-12 07:25:34
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

First of all thanks for the immediate replies!
Was actually waiting for the right moment to upgrade to 8.3 but migrating a
live 1Tb database is a bit daunting especially if you have never done it
before (as in my case).  If I'm not mistaken i can upgrade to the latest
minor version without having to dump and restore so I'll do that.

One last thing...can we run into data-loss problems with successfully
vacuumed tables even if there is one unvacuumed database object; what would
have happened if I ignored to vacuum that rogue pg_toast (which was the only
unvacuumed object within the entire database)?

Thanks again.

James