ODP: I screwed it up, my installation :(

From: Rybarczyk Mikolaj <MRybarczyk(at)server(dot)ex(dot)pekao(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: AlphaByte <alan(at)alphabyte(dot)co(dot)nz>, pgsql list - admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODP: I screwed it up, my installation :(
Date: 2000-08-18 09:24:20
Lists: pgsql-admin
I am not sure but maybe this is a simple problem
with the PostgreSQL start-up script. The script
is /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql. There is version
checking in it, find line:

	if [ `cat /var/lib/pgsql/PG_VERSION` != '6.5' ]

or something like that (it depends of your instalation).
Then find your PG_VERSION file in your data directory,
check real number in the file (perhaps 7.0) and place
it in the script instead of your old version (perhaps 6.5).

This should help.

> Hi all,
> First a bit of background, I am using RH6.1 on intel and my
> window manager is HelixGnome with Sawfish.
> Now, I sure hope someone can help me, I started with a
> functioning pgsql 6.5.2-1 and decided to upgrade it with
> the current version 7.0.2-2. I saw on the Download page the
> comment about initdb and tried to find info about it,
> ending up in the Installation How-To so I followed it.
> But then my problems really seemed to start (or at least now
> become apparent) because then when I tried to restart the
> postmaster service I got an error saying:
> Checking postgresql installation: old version. Need to
> Upgrade.See /usr/doc/postgresql-7.0/README.rpm for more
> information.
> So please help me, I am desperate.
> Alan
> --

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Lio TestDate: 2000-08-18 16:52:12