copy/paste URL for a tarball

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: copy/paste URL for a tarball
Date: 2008-12-16 15:40:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Here's a simple task.  Download a tarball source file from the
website.  Open your browser, find the URL to the tarball, copy/paste it
from your browser into your ssh session, then do a wget on it.

I could not find an easy way to get the URL for this task.

The webpage seems to redirect to local mirrors.  I understand the goal
of redirection.

However, if I want the tarball URL, as I understand, I must start the
download in my browser, then get the URL from that process,
then copy/paste.  I see no way to get the download URL without
starting the download.

For example:

Starting here:

How can I easily get this URL (or something similar) into my paste

Did I miss something?

Dan Langille

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2008-12-16 15:52:57