Re: Restore problem

From: "Bob Pawley" <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: "Adrian Klaver" <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore problem
Date: 2010-12-29 03:27:16
Lists: pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:06 PM
To: Bob Pawley
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Restore problem

On 12/28/2010 07:05 PM, Bob Pawley wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: Adrian Klaver
> Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:51 PM
> To: Bob Pawley
> Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Restore problem

>> > --
>> > Adrian Klaver
>> > adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com
>> >
>> > This is the plain text dump file through pg_admin dump. But the plain
>> > text dump fie through psql restored in the same way.
>>
>> I am not following. psql cannot create a dump file. It can however be
>> used
>> restore a plain text dump file created by pg_restore. I think you are
>> going
>> need show the steps you took.
>>
>> I used PGAdmin to dump the June version and pg_dump mydb > db.sql to dump
>> the May version.
>>
>> Both came out with the same problems.
>>
>> Bob
>
> What program are you using to look at the plain text file?
>

> Notepad
>
> Bob

Open the file in Wordpad and see if it looks better.

I downloaded an sql editor and it looks the same in it as well.

At least the editor will make it easier to fix the problem. However I would
like to know what happened so I can avoid it in the future.

Is the compressed file a better way to dump??

Bob