Question about indexes

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about indexes
Date: 2004-01-27 20:36:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

How feasible would it be to have a btree index on ctid? I'm thinking it ought
to work simply enough for the normal case of insert/delet/update, but I'm not
completely certain how vacuum, vacuum full, and cluster would interact.

You may think this would be utterly useless, but I have a cunning plan.

--
greg