Installed Postgresql "Windows proof of concept" ... now what?

From: Jeff Weeks <jweeks(at)rci(dot)rutgers(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installed Postgresql "Windows proof of concept" ... now what?
Date: 2004-06-16 20:34:14
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm a Postgres user on Linux and MacOSX. I'm now trying to get it
running on Windows. I first started with Cygwin... then realized the
Postgres team had their own installer which installed Postgres as a
service and also installed the ODBC drivers. So now I've installed
both.

What has the InnoSetup Postgres installer done for me? Has Cygipc been
installed? How do I start the database? Do I use a Cygwin shell to
run psql?