Re: [HACKERS] vacuum problem

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih(at)nhh(dot)no>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu (Thomas G(dot) Lockhart), pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] vacuum problem
Date: 1998-08-28 07:38:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:

> This should all be fixed now.

Looks that way to me.  Thanks!

By the way, PostgreSQL somehow seems to have become significantly
faster for my use sometime over the last month or two.  For the select
and update queries I regularly execute, which generally involve two
or three tables and ditto indices, I'm seeing what feels like twice
the speed of what I got before -- and I've been increasing the amount
of data in my tables without any schema changes or index additions!

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"