Re: V8.3 fails to start after unremming hba_file = 'ConfigDir/pg_hba.conf'

From: "Alan Deane" <alan(at)anitltd(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Chris'" <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: V8.3 fails to start after unremming hba_file = 'ConfigDir/pg_hba.conf'
Date: 2009-07-30 02:00:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Chris,

I can connect to the server locally with PgAdmin using

localhost: 5432
192.168.2.99: 5432
127.0.0.1 : 5432

As for the Windows event logs they are all fine.

The server logs. Look OK except for
%LOG: invalid length of startup packet which could have been when I was
trying to telnet in.

What is very interesting is the following from the Status log
I have three connections now, all from my local machine, local host,
127.0.0.1 and 192.168.2.99 and what is very interesting is the following
from the Status log is the client column.

192.168.2.99:3321
127.0.0.1:3237
127.0.0.1:3223

Which is telling me that it is using different outgoing ports. Which means
it will probably be a problem with the firewall as I think I set both
incoming and outgoing to 5432.

Will have to go and see if changing the outgoing to any makes a difference.

Will reports back soon.

Thanks,
Alan.