Re: Makefile for parser

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Makefile for parser
Date: 2000-06-27 08:38:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:
>> Uh ... what's your point?

> Any change to gram.y regenerates the local copy of parse.h and affects
> other files *in that local directory* (as well as elsewhere). The
> makefile *in that local directory* should be able to make the other
> files *in that same directory* at the same time.

Oh, right, the files in that directory are going to include parse.h
from the include dir now, instead of ".", aren't they?  I see your
problem.

Probably the rule that installs parse.h into the include tree ought to
be pushed down from backend/Makefile to backend/parser/Makefile (but
backend/Makefile still needs to invoke it during its prebuildheaders
phase).  Maybe likewise for fmgroids.h into backend/utils.

Peter, any thoughts here?