RE: VB and ODBC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Graham Vickrage'" <graham(at)digitalplanit(dot)com>, "Michael Ansley (UK)" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec-telecom-systems(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: VB and ODBC
Date: 2001-04-27 20:02:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Vickrage [mailto:graham(at)digitalplanit(dot)com]
Sent: 27 April 2001 18:03
To: Michael Ansley (UK); pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] VB and ODBC

Thanks for the advice, but I seem to still be having probs.

I can't leave out the name param as its required so the only option is to
leave it blank. If I put anything else in its place then it comes back with
an error that the files does not exist.

When I give an empty string as the name there are no errors, so assuming
this is working how do I then extract the data from the dataconnectioin and
print it in the doc?

With perl DBI it might be something like
$query = DBI->connect(etc...) ;
$query->fetchrow();

What it the equivelant for VB?

From your earlier post aren't you actually using VBA (Visual Basic for
Applications)? i.e. in Word - if not let me know and I'll post some sample
VB (as in the part of Visual Studio) code for you.

As for the ODBC driver, the office PostgreSQL driver is available at
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc <ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc> .
There are .dlls in the Versions directory, and in the test directory is a
full installation which seems to work well.

hth, regards Dave.