RE: Transactionless ODBC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Alex Stewart'" <astewart(at)freedomintelligence(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Transactionless ODBC
Date: 2000-06-07 08:27:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

<SNIP>

> The troubling code is (if I have already posted it, I apologize)
>
> /* Begin a transaction if one is not already in progress */
> /* The reason is because we can't use declare/fetch
> cursors without
> starting a transaction first.
> */
> if ( ! self->internal && ! CC_is_in_trans(conn) &&
> (globals.use_declarefetch || STMT_UPDATE(self))) {
>
> Alex Stewart

I raised this question on the Hackers list last month (after getting no
planned to take a look. I believe he's on holiday at the moment but
hopefully he can help when he gets back....

Regards,

Dave.

--
Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have been