Re: pgsql and streams

From: "Christopher Condit" <condit(at)sdsc(dot)edu>
To: "Christopher Condit" <condit(at)sdsc(dot)edu>, "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql and streams
Date: 2006-03-30 08:44:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Back to this thread - I realize that in the "COPY TO" documentation, it
states the CSV file used for loading must be on the server's disk. If I
can't put files on the server's disk, I'm curious if I can use the STDIN
option from my JDBC client to load the data to the server? Using psql I
can stream data after the call. Is there anyway to accomplish the same
thing with JDBC?

Thanks!

Chris