Re: preliminary testing, two very slow situations...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: mt_pgsql(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: preliminary testing, two very slow situations...
Date: 2003-01-01 21:01:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

"Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> writes:
> Michael Teter said:
>> Now I'm trying to evaluate it as a possible
>> replacement for MS SQL Server.

> What version of PostgreSQL are you using?
> [suggestions for tuning]

The only reason I can think of for COPY to be as slow as Michael is
describing is if it's checking foreign-key constraints (and even then
it'd have to be using very inefficient plans for the check queries).
So we should ask not only about the PG version, but also about the
exact table declarations involved.