pgAdmin3 on Mac OS X status (Was Development question)

From: leon-pg(at)comvision(dot)com
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin3 on Mac OS X status (Was Development question)
Date: 2005-02-14 14:45:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
I am indeed running pgAdmin3 under OS X. It is mostly usable, but there
are a number of bugs that keep it from being ready for public
consumption. Note my list posting from Feb 11 for a short list of bugs.
I'm keeping a bug list here, which I'm happy to make public on the web
or elsewhere if anyone's interested.

OS: Mac OS X 10.3.7
wx: 2.5.3.3 from CVS
pgAdmin3: CVS tree circa Jan 10 2005

I followed Adam's build instructions
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2004-12/msg00093.php),
so the configure flags are just "--disable-shared --enable-debug".

I would really like to see the Mac OS X port of pgAdmin3 move out of
the experimental phase, and I don't think that goal is too far away.

Note that my latest attempt to build pgAdmin3 on OS X failed. You
described the cause as "some SSL/build problem". I'm current rebuilding
the latest wxWidgets from CVS and I'll try re-building pgAdmin3 against
that.

Leon

On Feb 14, 2005, at 5:54 AM, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Leon Miller-Out wrote:
>> Hi. I'm well on my way to making a working Window menu (which I guess
>> is only necessary in OS X, but might be nice in other OSes as well).
>
> Does this mean you're running pgAdmin3 successfully under OSX? No more
> problems? If so, please report your setup (OSX/wx version, configure
> options).
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: leon-pgDate: 2005-02-14 15:03:53