Re: [RFC] extended txid docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marko Kreen" <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Chris Browne" <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [RFC] extended txid docs
Date: 2007-10-17 17:36:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

"Marko Kreen" <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks. Here is a version with your changes applied, plus
> minor code cleanup and example output.

I can't really see the reasoning for putting this into the PG
documentation. It's tremendously complicated and doesn't seem like
something very many people would want to read about. In any case
it seems rather out of place where it is --- we don't have large
code examples elsewhere in func.sgml.

It almost looks like something that should be turned into a pgfoundry
or contrib module.