Re: Bug in pg_get_constraintdef (for deferrable constraints)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in pg_get_constraintdef (for deferrable constraints)
Date: 2003-01-01 20:46:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> I see the values being stored on constriant creation, but not being used
> anywhere:

I believe the values that actually get inspected at runtime are the
tgdeferrable and tginitdeferred fields in pg_trigger.  The columns in
pg_constraint are just copies of these.

It is not real clear to me whether it should be allowed to alter the
deferrability status of a foreign-key constraint --- is that in the spec?