Problem editing pg_hba.conf on Vista

From: "Nagle, Gail A \(US SSA\)" <gail(dot)nagle(at)baesystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem editing pg_hba.conf on Vista
Date: 2009-03-27 23:38:54
Lists: pgsql-novice
When installing 8.3 on Vista, we are having a problem when we change the
pg_hba.conf file to allow trust authentication. This worked fine on
Windows XP. However, after making the change and stopping/restarting the
service, we see an error in the Windows Event Viewer that says it no
longer cannot open the pg_hba.conf file, permission denied.  Vista also
seems to lock these config files in a way that prevents them from being
removed even after uninstalling postgres. Has anyone encountered this
problem and found a solution? Thank you.

The relevant part of the file now looks like this:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:

#host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5

host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust

# IPv6 local connections:

#host    all         all         ::1/128               md5

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Rafael DomicianoDate: 2009-03-27 23:56:54