Re: Please help! Postgres stopped working after restarting computer!

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "wei shao" <shaselai(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help! Postgres stopped working after restarting computer!
Date: 2008-05-15 14:27:43
Lists: pgadmin-support
Wei,

> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
> Operating system:   windows xp
> restart
> Details:
> I installed 8.3.1 fine and the service starts and
> works fine. However, after I restart the computer and opens up pgAdmin3.exe and

> "Failed to start server pgsql-8.3:Errcode=1069. Check
> event log for
> details."

So, propably you have installed PostgreSQL as a service (= standard on Windows )

Please digg out the eventlog of Windows (eventvwr is the programm) and
look into the application log.

To see what failed, also open services.msc and try to start pgsql-8.3
manually. After failure, recheck application error log with eventvwr
(do not forget to refresh)

> The log folder doesn't show any error problems. When I
What is EXACTLY created within data\pg_log?

is there a new logfile with a name/timestamp indicating it was created
"just at last system start" ? what is in that logfile?

Best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa