TrueCrypt -> Forwarded from advocacy

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: TrueCrypt -> Forwarded from advocacy
Date: 2008-04-25 07:27:52
Lists: pgsql-general
In a thread on advocacy there was talk about the challenges on some
rather strict borders.

There are reasons, why it may be advised to hide or "store away" data.
Customer Information on Laptops. i.E.

and ... PostgreSQL data is open accessable as soon as somebody has
physical access to the hard drive.

> TrueCrypt supports a "Hidden Volume" steganography feature where you can have >a decoy encrypted volume to give up if forced to enter an encryption key, while the >real files you want to secure (those you've put on double-secret probation) are safe >via a different password.

TrueCrypt is really amazing ... and now to my question: who has
experience of PostgreSQL database files on TrueCrypt volumes? Speed?
Reliability (additional layers between database and harddrive are
allways challenging)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Karsten HilbertDate: 2008-04-25 09:25:05