LDAP SSL authentication no longer supported in 8.4.8

From: "Tim Olvey" <tolvey(at)digitalglobe(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LDAP SSL authentication no longer supported in 8.4.8
Date: 2012-01-04 20:18:45
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi, I have been attempting to get our 8.4.8 database authenticating via
a SunOne LDAP server using the older SSL encryption rather than TLS.
The SSL compatibility no longer appears to be supported.  I've seen some
development efforts targeted at adding this compatibility back in with a
patch.  Can someone confirm that SSL is no longer a supported connection
option for authenticating via LDAP for database version 8.4.8?

Thanks,

Tim

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee
responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received
this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or
otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this
communication in error, and delete the copy you received. DigitalGlobe reserves the
right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents
or representatives.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Benjamin KrajmalnikDate: 2012-01-04 22:48:09