Visio ODBC winnt Linux question

From: "Duncan Adams (DNS)" <duncan(dot)adams(at)vcontractor(dot)co(dot)za>
To: Pgsql Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Visio ODBC winnt Linux question
Date: 2002-03-22 09:18:54
Lists: pgsql-novice
hi all

We have a postgres database on a Linux server.

Now the powers that be have decided that they want us to look into
connecting the postgres database to visio drawings, the persons viewing and
working on the visio drawing will have winnt box's.

My problem is

1. i have no idea if this is feasible or even where to look to start on this
problem.

2. how do i set up ODBC drivers from winnt to the Linux-postgres.

3. will i have to set up ODBC drivers to all people using Visio.

4. or can i get visio to sort of make a static drawing that people can view
with out having to connect to postgres.

Could any one please point me in the right direction.

thanx

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Al-Haddad, Mohammad JDate: 2002-03-22 12:32:50