Re: Really odd corruption problem: cannot open pg_aggregate: No such file or directory

From: "Balaji Gadhiraju" <Balaji(dot)Gadhiraju(at)digeo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Really odd corruption problem: cannot open pg_aggregate: No such file or directory
Date: 2003-08-06 00:57:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I too got this error. This happened with Postgres 7.2.3 and Linux 2.4.20 on via processor. This happened not on just one box but around dozen boxes. This may not be hardware problem.

In our case, we create the table and use it then delete it. This activity happens very often, once a day. we run vaccum also. The problem happened on one such table. The entry for the table exists in pg_class but the actual file is missing. Once it gets to this state, the table can not be dropped.

Were there any bug fixes related to this in the later versions of postgres. I searched in the google for this error and got some cases but not much information why.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22RelationBuildDesc%3A+can%27t+open%22

Thanks,
balaji.