libpgsql and transaction behaviour

From: Ralf Hasemann <rhasemann(at)mac(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpgsql and transaction behaviour
Date: 2006-08-21 21:11:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi!

I am writing an application using the libqpsql client lib.
What I like to do now, is to control transaction behavior
from within my application.
But the following happens:
When I try to open a transaction libpg prints
"WARNING:  there is already a transaction in progress"
to stdout.
The question for me is - why??
I searched Google and found some confusing things about serverside
auto-commit - but this is removed at last in Postgres 8.0.

Can somebody lighten my about the reason for this problem?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Ralf Hasemann

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: osxdeveloperDate: 2006-08-21 23:11:33