Re: archived WALL files question

From: Renato Oliveira <renato(dot)oliveira(at)grant(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Frederiko Costa <frederiko(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archived WALL files question
Date: 2010-04-19 13:00:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Kevin,

Thank you very much. I understand the multiple base backups are only to reduce the amount of time it could take to actually restore or reply all the LOGS.
Because let's suppose; I create a base backup today 19/04/2010 then one year later, I need to use that base backup, I will have to play one year worth of logs.

It is an interesting setup you have there, but you must have loads of space for all of those backups.
How long does it take for base backup of one of your busy DBs?

Thank you Very much

Renato

Renato Oliveira
Systems Administrator
e-mail: renato(dot)oliveira(at)grant(dot)co(dot)uk

Tel: +44 (0)1763 260811
Fax: +44 (0)1763 262410
http://www.grant.co.uk/

Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd

Company registered in England, registration number 658133

Registered office address:
29 Station Road,
Shepreth,
CAMBS SG8 6GB