Re: starting up LAPUG

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: noelp(at)calpacs(dot)org
Cc: Los Angeles PostgreSQL Users Group <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, jdrake(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: starting up LAPUG
Date: 2007-12-29 21:04:23
Lists: lapug

--- On Sat, 12/29/07, noelp(at)calpacs(dot)org <noelp(at)calpacs(dot)org> wrote:

> Sorry for the delay. At this point, I would prefer to give
> a presentation on time oriented databases. About how much time should I
> plan on? Half an hour?

I think that 20 to 30 minutes would be good. Since most of the attendees will be joining us after a long day of SCALE talks, a shorter discussion would be better at holding everyone's attention.

Also, I am still a bit concerned since I am not 100% sure where we can meet for an LAPUG gathering at SCALE. I am drafting an email to the SCALE convention committee to see where they would recommend that we hold it.

I was wonder whether you or Josh D think this email is appropriate:

<my-email>
To: g(at)socallinuxexpo(dot)org
Subject: Reserving a room after SCALE 6X for the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)

There are several Southern California PostgreSQL users that are working hard to
form a local PostgreSQL users group.

Since there are several "high profile" community members that will be
participating in the SCALE convention, we (local PG users) would like to use
this occasion and the interest it generates to kick-off our first meeting.

Would it be possible to make use of any rooms Saturday evening after the
conclusion of the convention for our first meeting?

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.
<\my-email>

Regards,