Re: psql backslash consistency

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>,Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>,Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql backslash consistency
Date: 2005-05-28 15:12:59
Lists: pgsql-patches
Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> I'm not against the idea of a config variable, but this is what, the
> third or fourth go around on this?  It seems rather unfair to put this
> burden upon the current patch writer at this stage of the game...

The fact that objections keep being raised should suggest to you that
the idea is not uncontroversial.  I think it's necessary to look for a
compromise that everyone can live with.  You're really wasting your
breath to repeat the same arguments over and over and expect that
anyone's mind will change.